From:
Karen Oland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:42:11 -0400
For some toxins, zero is the correct amount. Specificially those which can
cause cellular or genetic damage at any level of ingestion, and those that
store in fat or other tissue and is never flushed out of the system (like
lead - even minute levels cause lowering of brain functions).  For others,
low levels can be tolerated or actually produce beneficial effects, while
high levels can be toxic (like vitamin A or iodine).

In my opinion, toxins like coumaphos should not be permitted in food
products, any more than added lead or DDT.