From:
Steven Albritton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 21:47:14 -0500
I put 7 new packages in production Easter weekend.  By tommorrow I will have
pulled a super of honey off 5 of them.  Number 6 shortly, lost queen in #7
so it is behind.  I'm in the swamps of North Louisiana.

At 12:11 AM 6/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Would I be too optimistic if I were to put supers on my package bees?
>They were installed the last week of April and have
>been doing great.  The queens are laying well and lots of nectar and
>pollen are coming in.  If I put on my supers, will they
>fill them up before the extra space in the brood boxes or will they go
>straight for the supers.  I want to give them enough honey for the
>winter, but I am getting low on honey myself.  Any thoughts or help
>would be appreciated.

Steven Albritton
LDS Communications, Chauvin Honey Farms, Sports America
Monroe, La
http://sports.iamerica.net