From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:34:06 -0500

Bob said:
> If so then most likely the source of the Kashmir Bee Virus (KBV).

My comment was only to agree that if it was true that Hack had *by whatever
means* received bees/hives from Canada then it would explain to me a
possible source for the KBV virus.

What information can you share Medhat about the Peace River event which
blamed the widespread hive loss on KBV? Many of us wonder now looking back
if nosema ceranae was also in those samples?
Links to the original newspaper & magazine article is in the archives I
believe.

I said in previous post:
Hack & I never discussed bees from Canada being in
> his operation but I heard rumors later.

I did hear some rumors at the next ABF convention on the subject but I
believe if bees from Canada had been in Hacks operation then Hack would have
told me. He did not so I believe Randy heard the same rumor I did.

Medhat why were the Canadian researchers so sure KBV was the cause for the
Peace river die off as opposed to saying high varroa load which led to PMS
(parasitic mite syndrome)was responsible?

bob