From:
Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 21:59:58 -0700
I'd like some advice regarding requeening or outright elimination of laying workers! I've tried to requeen a group of laying workers in three ways and it's failed each time: 1) introduce a new laying queen - which I hadn't wasted the girl!, 2) used queen pheromone to stop them laying then gave them two frames of eggs/few day old brood - still didn't work, 3) gave them two queen cells, nope!

Now I have four 3 frame Nucs that the queens never emerged/mated/returned from mating where workers have started laying and about 6 frames from the other laying worker colony, discussed above (about 14 frames of bees in all) that I need to deal with or dump!

Any successful methods I can use to get these bees to knock it off and go back to being just workers, or should I just cut my losses and put them all in one deep and use dry ice to take care of them?

Scott Ball
Livermore, CA