From:
Mike Griggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 10:22:26 -0400
        This has probably come up before but regional differences in
climate, plants, animals etc. can really affect the methods for managing
bees.
        I have kept bees in North Africa, New Mexico and here in New York
and not all the methods will work across the board.  Guess that is part of
the "Art an Experience" required of Beekeeping.

       Mice always get into my hives and chew up a lot of frames.  This
year I am going to try and find some hardware cloth that will still allow
bees passage but block mice.
        The other problem is if I pick up a dead colony in late Feb. or
early March and bring it in to clean up, I usually deliver mice to my
garage in the process.  Not that I dislike mice they are just a nuisance.
                Central NY beeKeeper