From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:38:29 -0400
Peter Borst
I don't see any evidence that price slashing leads to everyone going broke. When I shop I generally avoid the lowest priced stuff because it's mostly junk. And the highest prices usually indicate things that don't interest me, unrelated as they are to quality.

my comments...
I guess I should have referenced Chinese dumping of honey on the US market where the alternative ploy is everyone else goes broke and the one person standing become a monopoly and can price the produce for whatever price they desire. Of course this requires government intervention to keep the last man standing from going broke while they are executing this strategy.   It appears active price slashing below the cost of production is now taking place amongst some of the newly hatch commercial beekeepers here in the US.

and thank ya' Peter for correcting my reference as to authors....  still yet my point is some folks seem unable to distinguish fact from fiction.

Gene in Central Texax