From:
Howard McGinnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:41:43 -1000
I was sweating, wondering if my most favorite of lists was no longer.

BEE-L is my connection to the world of beekeeping. Here on Oahu, we don't have a lot of truly experienced beekeepers (we do have wonderful resources
on the Big Island), so BEE-L is my surogate teacher, my mentor.

I cannot hop in my car and go to one of the big events on the mainland, rub shoulders with big and little beeks. So, BEE-L, you are my conventions.

I don't have TV, so BEE-L, you are my TV Guide. You let me know when PBS airs a special and provide good reviews from all points of view.

BEE-L, you are my movie critic. I've not seen the Bee Movie, but I've watched it through your eyes.

BEE-L, you rock my bee world. It's like having all the journals rolled up into one nice package, complete with discussion groups. Whether you agree on a
subject or not, you provide food for thought.

So when "BEE-L is closed" showed up, I panic. Where will I go? How will I continue to grow? Will I bee doomed to an isolated existence?

BEE-L guy, thank you for your work. While the return on your investment in time (and possibly funds) may be minimal, know that out here in this big world,
that I appreciate you. I appreciate all of you that make BEE-L what it is, something that helps me bee a better beekeeper.

Mahalo nui loa!
Howard McGinnis
Oahu, Hawaii