From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 19:07:13 -0400
I have seen sevral questions on how to kill hives for various reasons AFB, aricanized or hot bees in residential areas.  Dry ice is always brought up.  This site is the first I have seen the ideal of paint stripper and gasoline.  I know once BT was approved for treating for wax moth, that probibly became easier then any other method to protect comb.  I know hive killing is not something that happens to everyone.  I get the terminoligy on sulfer.  I am just wondering if there is some reason that it is never suggested as a hive killer when needed.  It is due to the work, the safety of the keeper or take too long to work on the bees?  When I think about it, it seems as easy as dry ice and cheeper and not as easy as paint thinner.  Is it just a antiquated thing that there are now better ways and that is the only story?  I hope to never experiance AFB but would probibly burn all rather then save to be on the safe side.

Listening to nancys experiance on EFB, I might change my view from waiting for a flow and seeing if it went away on its own to being more proactive.

The sulfer dioxide thing just has me wondering of the why it is not a go to thing and what I might be missing on it.  Just curious.
Cheers
gww