From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 14:50:09 GMT
>Okay, then - what's the best way to get propolis out of clothing?  I have
>ruined some of my wife's garments over the years because bits of propolis
>or wax got on them in the washer (even tiny bits) and when they went into
>the dryer it warmed up and got into the fabric.  This has not helped our
>relationship(!)  I've tried rubbing alcohol which seems to dissolve it
>somewhat but then it tends to just "spread out."  So far that hasn't proved
>reliable.  I realize all fabrics need different stain treatments, but would
>appreciate ANY ideas along these lines.  Everyone else, pay attention to
>any replies - it may save you some grief!    Thanks, J.

It has been my experience that it is almost impossible to remove propolis
from clothing.  I used to wash and dry covealls and ruin my wife's clothing
occassionally.  Then I switched to a wash and hang routine and have not had
any problems.  I simply hang coveralls to dry.  If they do not dry fast
enough for you to wear then buy more coveralls.

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada
(403) 998 3143