From:
"Frank I. Reiter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:45:55 -0400
I just received an American Bee Journal with a letter that I found quite
interesting.  It suggested that the practice of removing drone brood in
order to control varroa has the side effect of selecting for mites that are
infecting worker brood.

It seems to that the author may be correct.  The practice may provide some
short term relief, but in the longer term does it not help the mites adapt
to worker brood, and perhaps sabotage the work being done by the small cell
folks?

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen