From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 04:28:52 EDT

In a message dated 23/09/2007 06:03:47 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

What a  difference this year!  I stopped by some old black locust trees in
ivy's  strangle-hold by the library today.  Some blossom clusters had 2-3 honey
bees not counting wasps and butterflies.

On the Irish List we are conducting a survey of when the first ivy blossoms
are seen as it seems to work from north to south and we aren't sure whether it
 is light level (latitide) or temperature that is the trigger. Perhaps you
could  let us know the latitude, altitude and current temperature range of your
ivy  flowers as well as the first date you saw the blossoms open.
Thanks.

Chris