From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 08:50:47 -0600
> I'm begining in beekeeping and have lots of doubts, the
>  first and greater is in respect of the ways I can obtain bees
> to start my> first hive. I just have a little knowledge of how to
> construct and prepare the hive but would like also help in this
>  part

The very best advice anyone can give a beginner is to find local
beekeepers and make friends of them.  You may have to try several
before you find one that you' hit it off with'.

Try any local beekeeping clubs or supply stores, and ask at you local
government agriculture office.  Select someone who is not trying to
do everything differently from others, but is co-operative and
knowledgeable.

To try to do it on your own from what you read here or in books is to
ask for a lot of unecessary expense, failure, and suffering.

Your new friend will help you find what you need and interpret what
the bees do.

Good luck!

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>