From:
Dennis LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:14:18 -0400
We were in Geneva, NY (42.9N, 76.9W) this summer. We inspected some hives
and found small hive beetle.  Soil type unknown.

Our bees are in western NY, (Panama 42.1N, 79.5W) and do not have SHB here.
 Our soil is a pretty heavy clay type.

I am researching the distribution  and rate of spread of SHB especially in
NY and NW PA but have not found the data.

I am assuming that if the mild winters continue that we will have SHB at
least where the soil conditions are favorable for reproduction.  Just
wondering when their arrival could be expected.

Any links to data sources would be appreciated.

--
Dennis
Western New York, USA