From:
Bee Surgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1992 14:24:56 CDT
Hi Beeliners!
  I have a colony of bees sitting in a cold room (temp 4-6 C) for two weeks
now, they have been there with no incident till today.  They were really
excited today and about 2000 bees came out from the hole in inner cover  and
 died in the cold.  I wonder what cause this problem ?
could it be CO2 build up ? there is no ventilation inthe cold room so only
cold air inside is recycled through the radiator for cooling.
another thing it might be the honey they had is not 'mature' so plenty moisture
exist.  I noticed most bees died with a big tummy and the feces are watery
    Anybody there having experience using indoor wintering cells might
have a clue about what I am seeing ?
   thanks for any helpful hints.

  Have a good day
* ZHI-YONG HUANG     {Having a hard time? Think of the poor drone !} *
* 320 MORRILL HALL          PHONE: 217-333-6843                      *
* DEPT. OF ENTOMOLOGY       FAX:   217-244-3499                      *
* UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS    EMAIL: [log in to unmask]            *
* URBANA, IL 61801          [log in to unmask]        *