From:
Dave Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 17:19:20 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Jerry J Bromenshenk
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>For a novice, I'd skip frames, Java scripts, etc.  All of these require
>more extensive coding - and quite frankly, most load slowly and won't run
>on lots of the older browsers and machines.  Stick to standard HTML -
>things will work much better.  A simple, clean, attractive, and fast
>takes forewer to download and may not work properly.
>
>One final thought.  Keep your files small and watch the size of your image
>files.  A 60k file takes a minute to download on a 14.4 modem.  Depending
>on the size, resolution, and number of colors, the same picture can range
>from a few k to Mbs in size.
This is very good advice. I'd also suggest budding web authors watch the
number of links they use. URL's often change and it can be very time
consuming updating the links all the time and nothing is worse than
links that don't. The links are one of the most useful features, but
watch it.
--
Dave Black
Blacks Bee Gardens,