From:
Mark F Almond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:30:35 -0700
While checking out the Brushy Mountain Bee Farm catalog, I saw a recipe
for making your own Terra-Patties (page 26) My question is after making
up the patties, How can these patties be saved? Can you freeze them for
future use without the loss of the active ingredient Terramycin? Recipe
makes up 15 patties and I just got 5 hives of bees. For those interested
in the recipe:

1 6.4 oz. pk. Terramycin
2 1/2 lbs. Crisco
5 lbs. Granulated Sugar

Mix dry ingredients thoughly, then mix with Crisco. Divide into 15 equal
portions and flatten into patties. Makes 15 patties. Use one per Hive.

Mark F. Almond
Concord, NC