From:
Carmenie Stemmler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:51:16 -0400
Hello Bee-liners,

Got a quick question for the list...

Here in Ontario we treat for mites using apistan in the fall, for varroa
and formic acid in the fall, for tracheal and varoa, at least that is what
is recommended, and what I have done so far.  This spring the formic was
left on for 2 weeks, instead of the usual three.  I am wondering, is it
advisable to treat again with it this fall, or can I just use the extender
patties instead.  What says the list?  I don't have any experiance with the
extender patties.  Thanks for the help.  O, and is it better to mix the TM
in with it while I am at it.  I have about 40 hives, in case that affects
the reply at all.

In case any of you followed my last question about my splits in one hive
body, I am happy to say that I found most of them ready to take the second
box, and will be giving them one and feeding them.  The others I will boost
with brood from other hives and do the same.  Thanks to those that replyed
to that question as well!!

Cheers,

Carm