From:
"Jim G. Shoemaker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 19:07:41 -0600
Bee Friends:

When I started with bees several years ago I wore about every piece of
protective equipment I could find and afford.  As I grew in experience
(aged), I steadily reduced the bundle.  As a number of other netters have
indicated, I no longer own gloves and usually, if weather permits, work in
short sleeves.

I do, however, unless it's for a quick 'pop a top' wear a veil.  The risk
is too great and the discomfort too slight to not use a veil.

I believe we should basically wear what we are comfortable with, balancing
security with comfort.  I also belleve we should encourage beginning
'keepers' to wear 'full' dress until they are not so nervous about
possible stings.

For 'safe' keeping,

Jim Shoemaker
Brookline (near Springfield) MO