From:
"Gary C. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:05:42 -0800
Hello Bee Folk,
   I have contacted the CDC to see what info they have on bee sting
related deaths in this country. I also asked them if they could break it
down for death from known bee stings and other biting, stinging insects.
Once I get a reply I will post it to the group. I have no idea what the
waiting period may be for this info.
   To answer a question to my original post about bee sting deaths. The
number of 40 was given during the program I mentioned in the original
post. These guys were working at Government bee research stations so I
would guess the numbers they gave would be good.
   The numbers (40 a year) sound resonable to me. In a population of
260+ million there would be a very small segment of that/any population
that would/could die from any number of "very rare" conditions or
events. Bee sting deaths would fall into the very rare catagory.
  For those that think all stinging insects are honey bees there is
nothing that we can do to change their thinking and to those that know
the difference nothing need be said.

Gary C. Lewis
Duke Center, Pa.