From:
Lanfeust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:54:40 -0500
> >"I think that much of the positive aspects attributed to the small cell bees
> >can actually be attributed to the lack of pesticides in the hives equipment.
> >Clean wax is almost everything."

> And how do you think I keep my hives free of pesticides and my wax clean
> which is almost everything?

My personal anecdote :

I have been keeping bees since summer 2000. I used apistan in one hive
only and in autumn 2000 only. Since then, I never used anything else
than OA and FA (no accumulation in wax). Brood frames replaced every 5
years or less. Now I have a dozen hives. I think I can say my wax is
clean, at least in 11 hives witout doubt. I am used to count varroas
falls. I am afraid clean wax only does not prevent varroa reproduction
nor varroas population increase.

Hervé
Laval, Qc, Canada
--