From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:28:50 -0600
> In 2010, Roundup Ready sugar beets accounted for 95 percent
> of the sugar beet crop according to Monsanto.

What I hear and read roundup Paul from farmers:

 corn!

However Roundup is failing and many farmers feel they have been
sold a bad deal! A farmer in Higginsville said his corn was worth nothing
because of the failed properly applied herbicide.

Roundup TV & Magazine adds have increased and the prices for roundup are now
at all time lows. This actually convinces farmers that problems with roundup
are happening.

Monsanto has problems with the roundup products..

Paul roundup ready corn would still be popular is not for the herbicide
failing! Researchers I have spoken with say the concept that weeds would
not develop tolerance to roundup was flawed and chemical companies know
what is happening would happen and are simply trying to sell as much roundup
as possible before sales end.

As with most failing products stronger formulas of roundup are happening. A
new roundup for hard to kill weeds was introduced recently.

 And Monsanto
> says alternative technologies require more applications of
> pesticides:

True but when products fail to do as advertised farmers ( and beekeepers)
look to other solutions. Dropping the price will only snare the dumbest
farmers ( and there are quite a few of those in my opinion) but unless
better herbicide control is obtained roundup ready is headed for sitting on
shelves in the U.S. or more likely sent to third world countries to ruin
their lives ( as in India!).

It is true I am not a fan of Monsanto.

Monsanto is pushing the new food safety bill which many of us feel is not
about food safety but about crushing the small producer. So far pushing our
congressmen has removed the $500 fee assessed against all small producers
but little else changed. *If* I was convinced the bill was really about food
safety then I would be in support of the bill.

bob