From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:08:10 +0000
    "As of yet, Michael Bush, who can not provide any historical or scientific
evidence to support the allegation, is the only one who claims the Ph of
sugar syrup is a problem ... Personally, I don't consider that good enough of a
reason (yet) to change my management practices or put a chemical into the
hive or otherwise alter the ph of syrup my bees are drinking."

In his defense, Mr. Bush's suggestion was not that we alter the pH of sugar syrup, but rather that we stop feeding it at all.In his opinion, we should not be taking honey that the bees might need for themselves. And if they cannot produce enough to support themselves, then to supplement them with artificial feed is to select for inferior bees.
Eugene Makovec