From:
David Tharle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 07:10:27 -0600
 >if they are making honey and drawing comb and surviving who cares.
We all should!
Bees don't have to be aggressive to make honey or pollinate or whatever,
but an aggressive hive can do more bad PR, than 100,000 non-aggressive
ones will do good.  And now in this day & age of protecting us from
ourselves, I won't risk knowingly having one around.  People now sue and
WIN for getting themselves into trouble in places they had no right to
be. One of my favorites: Rodeo contractor looses suit because he didn't
post his land and chain the gates.  Some idiot decides to take pictures
of bulls close up, only these aren't normal bulls. How was he to know?
Judge agrees, HOW WAS HE TO KNOW? There are 100s of these cases with all
kinds of things and more & more people blaming their lack of common
sense on someone else.
At least a couple times a year I find someone observing my bees:
landowner, renter, neighbour, someone whose grandmother used to keep
them or he heard all about them on "Discovery Channel".  Imagine
swearing under oath that you didn't know you had an aggressive hive in
the group.  Then they dig up someone you had along one day or you told
at a meeting how you got hammered working your hives that day or they
question your family or staff. Banks aren't crazy about extending credit
to individuals or companies with a pending law suit(s).  Even if I was
to win, the time & trouble in court won't be worth it.  We won't put up
with aggressive hives and highly recommend others think twice before
they do.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB
Canada