From:
Ernie Huber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:56:59 -0500
deKnow said:
<unfortunately, folks that probably should be working against this treatment have become involved in a research project...and are in favor of the treatment program..>

Just exactly how can we non researchers work "against this treatment"? Whose congressional door do we knock on to ask for at least a temporary ban on neonicitinoids on a nationwide basis ? Would that not be a reasonable thing to ask for ? Shouldn't we take neonicitinoids out of the list of candidates being considered as possible causes of CCD until the the whole picture clarifies? With the Worcester situation we seem to have two ecological catastrophes butting heads over the issue of a single pesticide (imidacloprid). It is not reasonable to solve one (Asian Longhorn Beetle infestation) at the expense of the other (honeybees). And just who, exactly, is worrying about the public health as this battle plays out ?
There has to be a better way.
Should we appeal to the State if the US regulators are too slow to react ?
                   Ernie Huber
                   Carlisle, MA (not all that far from Worcester)