From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:44:44 -0500
Due to the virus/worm attacks over the past few days, I have tightened the
configuration of BEE-L.

I have made the list and archives confidential, meaning they are only
available to list members.  In the past, only list members could submit
posts to the list, but anyone could request the archives and anyone could
participate via the web interface to BEE-L.  I have changed that and made
the list archives and web interface available only to subscribers.

I am not happy about these changes, but feel a fiduciary responsibility to
list members to protect them from attack.  This also may amount to locking
the barn door after the horse has left.

Please let me know via private email if these changes cause problems.

Sincerely,
Aaron Morris
BEE-L Owner/Editor