From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:10:56 -0400
Adrian writes

Surprisingly, the AHB have been established in the Los Angeles
Basin since January of 1999, but remarkably few stinging incidents
have occurred.  We also could have had AHB in our area for a couple
of years, but no one has complained.  It's almost as if AHB "mellowed
out" when reaching our area.

In South Africa many people have bee trees and so forth in their yards.
Normally, the bees are fine, it just seems that certain things set them
off. I've seen robbing set them off, interestingly. I foolishly left a wet
super outside my house, and my neighbors several houses away were stung
several times. On another occasion some kids threw rocks at two hives I had
by my house for years without problems, and they killed three of my milk
goats, one within a few days, and the other two lingered on but never
really recovered.