From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 23:03:22 +0000
Hi Tom and All

> Our $125 blueberry pollination fee buys approx 97
> liters gas. I don't know the liter to US gallon
> conversion.

3.785 litres in a US gallon and 4.546 litres in an Imperial (UK) gallon, a distinction I ignored before.  So, your Canadian gas price allows you 25.625 US gallons for your pollination fee, and about half that if your fee was Chilean.

The UK figures I gave before were for Imperial gallons, which are around 1.2 times greater than US gallons.  So your fuel is not three times the price of our diesel, but two and a half times, and a little under that (2.3 times) for petrol (gas) which would have been the real comparison.

To keep it simple, here are the petrol/gas prices alone in USD terms:

Mike's in Alabama:  $3.60/US gallon
UK price of petrol:   $8.29/US gallon
Tom's in Canada:    $4.81/US gallon

all the best