From:
William Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:03:55 -0500
As you can see in the picture, there mushrooms growing from the oak tree that was cut down but the stump is still there.
I plugged the tree with mushroom spawn.  I girdled the tree so that the roots could not send up enzymes to protect the tree.
You can see the girdle below the mushrooms.  What ever it is that the roots send up is also what the bees gather as propolis.