From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2010 13:02:27 -0600
> The National Research Council recently evaluated the safety of genetically
> engineered foods (NRC 2004).

All many of us ask is that GMO be put on the label so those among us  which
feel GMO foods could possible be linked to health problems can decide for
yourself to use or not use.

Why would Monsanto have a problem with that yet they do!

See "The GMO Trilogy" sold in most health food stores

Adds are now running by the Corn syrup lobby with one liners saying.

"The body can not tell one sugar from another"

Hard to believe such a complex issue can be summed up in a single sentence.

Even U.S. researchers are puzzled why every time they run  a trial feeding
bees HFCS compared to sucrose the bees live half as long. I am even puzzled
by the findings and at a loss as to the reason why.

I was given the research from the bee lab to research when I did my ABJ
article on the subject. I still take out and read at times like this trying
to see what went wrong.

Important:
The bee lab (Tucson & Weslaco) has always said that the bees fed HFCS lived
half as long as the exact same bees fed sucrose. This should actually have
been stated differently BY ME ( in my ABJ article) and in publication to
instead say:
The bees  fed HFCS died as they aged in the last part of the repeated
experiments. I think this is important because researchers are puzzled we
the shortened life span. Our present technology has not turned up the WHY so
only the results of the many experiments remain to puzzle the deep thinkers
.

The same experiments were ran in 1974 ( Murphy Tucson Bee lab) when HFCS
came on the market with the same results.

The question:
Is all sugar the same?( as the corn syrup lobby claims in national adds
being run on TV)

Is HFCS, sucrose & honey the same as it effects the human body?

Why does the corn syrup lobby protest makers of certain products saying on
their label:
"contains no HFCS"

I personally want an accurate label and not a label which says the honey can
be found any one of 10 countries.

Reality check!

packers have to document all batches sold to stores in case of a recall and
attach a batch number. Why the generic label? Could be  because the USDA
reports around 70% of U.S. honey sold to be from other countries the packers
want to hide the fact.

bob

.