From:
Henrik Moller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 08:59:04 +1200
Dear Frances

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've been surprised by the apparent lack of the
calculation. I've been able to establish a maximal proportion of around
0.18 by using the usual statements about length of life as a forager and
the ususal onset of foraging, but this seems far too low to my co-worker
who is a beekeeper. If I double the lifespan of the forager and set a
comparatively early onset of foraging it comes out at about 0.34.

I'd appreciate the reference to your thesis and a copy of the abstract, if
you dont mind me quoting it in a review of honey bee impacts on protected
natural areas in New Zealand.

I'm curious. Are you the Ratneiks who provided a chapter of selection at
the colonising front of African Bee invasions in Marla Spivaks book? If so,
congratulations! I think it isa very important contribution to invasion
biology in general.

Thanks for your reply,

Cheers

Henrik

***** Please note new e-mail address *****

Dr. Henrik Moller
Co-Director, Diploma in Wildlife Management
Zoology Department
Univeristy of Otago
Po Box 56
Dunedin