From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:21:30 -0800

> >Tarpaper isn't used for it's R-value, but for solar gain on cold winter
> days.

Thanks, Mike!

Please allow me to explain something.  Since I've made the mistake of
becoming a high-profile beekeeper, I draw anyone with something to sell like
a magnet.  My yard is cluttered with products to test.

I have often run tests of products long before they come to the attention of
the List.  Those pitching the products to me are generally earnest, excited,
and often have a financial stake.  Unfortunately, I often tell them that I
doubt that their product will either be effective, or at least cost
effective.

That often does not stop them from making a try.  So when the product hits
the market, I may post to this List information that I have.  I do not wish
to make decisions for others, but I do think that decisions should be based
upon all available data.  I gladly share any data that I have.

I beg the List not to interpret such statements from me as either
endorsement or nonendorsement of any product.

Randy Oliver