From:
Garret Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2019 11:56:20 -0400
I wonder if he will mention the major caveat that he included in some of his writing:

> To help natural selection favour Varroa-resistant bees, you will need to monitor closely the mite levels in all your colonies and kill those whose mite populations are skyrocketing long before these colonies can collapse.

The second half of this caveat is missing. He also says: " If you are not willing to kill the colony then you should treat the colony and requeen with genetics that have more resistents." The information has to be taken as a whole not bits and pieces.

From someone who has manage their bees in a Darwinian fashion for well over a decade Seeley's research and book are important. Not all of us lack knowledge of sound beekeeping. My view is, it is up to the beekeepers and educators to interpret the information in a proper manor so that it can be understood correctly.