From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 21:36:02 -0400
Larry Krengel wrote:
> Any books? Websites? Any thoughts?

As luck would have it, the book "Befriending Bumble Bees: A practical
guide to raising local bumble bees" has just been released. I don't know
if it covers removals, but it should cover what to do with them once
you've got them. Sounds good, I'm going to get a copy. I'm pollinating a
local farmer's tomato greenhouse this year with a box of Bumble bees I
bought from Koppert International.

George-
----------------------
George Fergusson
Whitefield Maine

Befriending Bumble Bees: A practical guide to raising local bumble bees

by Evans, E.; Burns, I.; Spivak, M.

your own colonies of bumble bees. This step by step guide provides you
with all the information you will need to find, capture, house, and feed
the next generation of bumble bees. Bumble bees are formidable
pollinators, pollinating crops such as tomatoes, cranberries,
blueberries, and squash, in addition to native wildflowers. Enjoy the
benefits these bees can provide to your gardens and crops while helping
to support native ecosystems by encouraging populations of these amazing
bees. 76 pp. Full color. For beekeepers, gardeners, nature lovers, and
anyone interested in pollinators.

To purchase, please visit this link:
http://shop.extension.umn.edu/PublicationDetail.aspx?ID=1902

Soon there will be also be more information at
http://befriendingbumblebees.com/