From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2024 09:09:38 -0500
While we welcome and encourage reports of what the weather/climate is doing locally and especially the observations as to how it is affecting bloom, vegetation, and build-up, BEE-L is for discussion of bees and beekeeping, not the place to speculate over the causes of Earth's ever-changing climate, or opinions regarding other highly charged political topics.

Seeing as the previopus post cited one temperature at Maple Creek, on the Alberta border to back up an opinion, for balance, I asked Google and got this:

"Here are the top 10 hottest temperatures ever recorded in Alberta:

44°C – Altawan, August 3, 1984
43.3°C – Bassano Dam, July 21, 1931
42.8°C – Fort Macleod, July 21, 1887
42.8°C – Abee Agdm, July 11, 2021
42.2°C – Medicine Hat, July 12, 1887
42.2°C – Jenner, July 22, 1917
42.2°C – Jenner, July 26, 1917
42.2°C – Empress, July 18, 1941
41.7°C – Medicine Hat, June 21, 1900
41.7°C – Pollockville, August 5, 1961

Apparently the Eath has been greening significantly lately, but no one has commented. . Has anyone observed local greening  effects? They should be most apparent in arid and semi-arid areas.

My region tends to have low rainfall.  Things seem greener in summer around here.