From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 07:27:14 -0400
Nothing strange about it. With more foreign agriculture products being
brought into this country the pests from these same countries will come
right along with them. I would not doubt that is how we got the African
Hive Bettle here in Florida.

A number of years ago I worked for a company that imported the plant
saps used to make laytex for gloves. The stories about the strange bugs
found around the factory were constant. If giant walking sticks can make
it in with no problems, then little mites should be expected.