From:
"Watson, Owen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:53:30 +1300
I was thinking about the design of the extractor, and wondering
whether it could be made more minimal. My idea is that there is no
separate rotor and container; they are one and the same. The frames
would be mounted on the inside of a tapered container, and the
container spun on a horizontal axis. The honey would fly out to the
container sides, and because the container sides were tapered, it
would flow towards the "top" of the container. There would be a
collar round the container "top" that would be stationary (ie not
attached to the container) that would collect and guide the honey out.

Surely someone has thought of this, or isn't it such a good idea?

--
--Owen Watson
--at home in Wellington, New Zealand