From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:46:47 +1000
> I believe you read my post incorrectly as the U.K. DID NOT find KBV in any
> of the samples *we sent.*

This may have been the case but Kashmir bee virus has been in the US for
many years now.  The US said they did not have KBV but when Dr. Denis
Anderson had a look he found it.  As I recall this was back in the days when
Dr. Shimanuki was in the USDA.  At the time the US was trying to use the
absence of KBV as an excuse to stop live bees from Australia.

So I don't think you can blame Canada for giving you KBV when it has been
there for a long time.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6267 (20110705) __________