From:
Al Lipscomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:45:05 -0400
> (8) As far as I am aware, the only "capensis" trait being
> reported from
> the Arizona bees is that some of the workers produce female offspring,
> presumably by thelytoky. There is no report of them causing queen
> loss, dwindling in colonies, invasion of colonies or colony loss.

Thank you. This was the primary point of one of my posts. As long as we
are not looking at the spread of a dangerous trait there is less need
for concern.

Keeping mite levels under control may well end up being the result of
many traits. It is difficult to guess which combination of traits and
management techniques will result in postive gains for the industry.