From:
Brent Farler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:20:25 -0500
I have a simple forklift attachment for my 3 point hitch on the tractor.
It will lift a pallet several inches up of the ground and allow
transport. I have to secure the hives to the pallet with straps because
the attachment works by tilting the pallet forward to achieve ground
clearance.  This works for on farm handling but isn't practical for
moving from yard to yard or loading on a truck.

Has anyone ever seen a rear mount forklift attachment for a 3-point
tractor hitch that can lift vertically using the PTO for hydraulics? I
have seen these as alternatives to a bucket on a front loader but the
lifting capacity is low (particularly at truck bed height) and the
investment to add a front loader is significant. Hauling the tractor is
worse than pulling a loader but the tractor can take terrain that a
loader is not suited for.

Leveraging my investment in equipment is important and I don't have the
scale to justify a loader just for hives.

Brent Farler
'If you think those supers are heavy I poured twenty-six 80 pound bags
of concrete last Sunday. Made a 50 pound sack of feed feel light but
it's Tuesday and I still can't lift anything with my right arm'