Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:10:43 EDT
I'd like to know what evidence supports this contention?  Are you just
assuming that because VC supposedly helps people with colds, that the same
should occur with CCD and bees?

Or, are you adding VC and seeing no CCD?  Since CCD comes and  goes,  I
tend to agree with the notion of at least a three year cycled  between
collapses, if you feed VC during the off years, you should not see  CCD.  And since
CCD is hard to diagnose, if VC is beneficial to bees, still  doesn't mean
its useful for bees with CCD.

Unless you have a controlled experiment - bees with CCD treated with VC,
bees without CCD treated with VC, you run the risk of the guy who circles his
 yard each night with garlic to keep the vampires away - hasn't seen one
yet, so  it must be working.

I'd like to think you are right, its a simple fix - but I agree with  Peter
- we throw far too many chemicals in to beehives already, without knowing
what they do.  I personally have no information suggesting that VC does
anything with respect to CCD.

Some of our recent work, however, suggests that something as simple as
adding pollen sub can have detrimental effects, depending on the quality of the
 pollen sub, and maybe the timing of application.

So, I'd like to see less, not more, chemical being added to beehives.

Jerry