Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:03:21 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
One of our friends from England asked about the price of wax and honey here in the US of A and Lloyd Spear answered him in detail and you can look for yourself and find out what Lloyd had to say. The question and the answer stimulated me to add this topic to the discussion since I've been wrestling with it on my own. Well not totally, my wife and I have been talking about what honey should sell for. What is a fair price to sell honey for. I'm talking about the wholesale price of buckets and jars, not what the packers are willing to let you have for your crop. If it costs you  ___ dollars or cent per pound to produce your pound of honey, how much should you sell it for? What is a fair price? Fair to who? Or is that whom? Do we ask for as much as we can get? Or do we sell at a price just high enough above cost of production to get by? I imagine that the asking price is going to be different for a person trying to make a living from their bees and one who has another source of !
 income to
 support their beekeeping habit. How many people know what it actually costs them to [roduce a pound of honey?

-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l for rules, FAQ and  other info ---

ATOM RSS1 RSS2