From:
John A Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:50:05 -0400
On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, JTroyer wrote:

> To all who are firing up your smokers:
>
> I heard a firetruck siren this am. and saw the truck coming down our
> rural road.  I ran to the window wondering where it was going when it
> stopped at my house.  Seems our neighbors saw clouds of smoke over here
> and thought our house was burning down.  My husband was just starting
> his bee smoker!!!!!   I think we should run over to the fire department
> and drop off some honey and crackers.....   Take care!!  JT

Howdy JT. Couldn't resist a quick related story for a grin or two

One year during a smoker lighting contest at a meeting in
Tennessee in a hotel parking lot, someone saw clouds of smoke and sent out
a firetruck to investigate.  I can't remember if the firefighters judged
the winner in the contest or not, but it was a hoot.  I do seem to
remember the truck left with a few jars of sweetness for their trouble.
Grins, John

John A. Skinner           218 Ellington Hall
Extension Apiculturist    University of Tennessee
[log in to unmask]          Knoxville, TN  37901   (423)974-7138