From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:31:34 -0400
Seppo Korpela wrote: (in part)
> Obviously, a few, but only a few, of the weekly mite downfall
> was caused by the treatment, but the rest of the mites died naturally.

It is interesting that from the continuing knowledge base we are
developing on varroa that most of Dr. R's good results were
probably from mite drop, either as a result of the oil or just
smoking the hives.
For me, Seppo's experiment is the final nail in FGMO's coffin.
FGMO does not work.
The problem is, many will continue to use it. Recently somone
asked me about it and I told them after the great varroa kill,
when many in Maine lost their hives, I could have used anything
on my hive, you pick the most outlandish, and I would have had
exceptional results, because there was no varroa around. Without
accurate measurements, as Seppo made, you are relying on
experience without any knowledge of the actual conditions of the
beeyard or your surroundings.
Thank you Seppo, for doing it right.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, Me