From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:18:56 +0000
Eugene:  What bothers me about this is that interest groups then takea bunch of these non-"definitive" but "useful" studies, none of which passes muster on itsown, and point to them as a "growing list of data" proving whatever they wantto prove.

True. It is easy to become indignant when we see how a paper is immediately either trashed or held up as gospel, when it is merely a small piece of the big picture.  People want instant gratification, but science plods along slowly and is rarely spectacular "all at once".  That shouldn't stop us from reading these papers with the best objectivity we can muster. Useful nuggets can usually be found.

Christina