From:
Kent Stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:01:40 -0400
Hello All,

I'm down in honey production a bit here in Eastern Ontario.  I pulled on average 56lbs off the first extraction.  Looks like I'm going to get about another 50 on my final extraction.  I'm usually about 130lbs/hive.  My hives were not very strong this spring plus I did some heavy manipulations so I missed the maples and dandelions.  Also, the extremely dry summer didn't help. I also have noticed only 1-4 mites in 24 hrs on my boards.  I'm not sure how to interpret that until the Apistan goes in this fall.  My question to the group is this.. My father, who loves jams (and honey) has found that his blood sugar level is to high.  Geeze wonder why since jam is mostly sugar :).  Anyway is there a difference between cane sugar and the sucrose ( glucose  & fructose) found in honey?  He is wondering if he switches to honey if the different sugar will affect his blood sugar level.  The doctor thinks they are the same. But I had thought that honey wouldn't have the same affect has cane sugar.

Thanks
Kent Stienburg