From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:56:48 -0800

> >Minimize hive inputs, instead. You could boil it down to a return to an
> earlier type of beekeeping, which doesn't involve high tech solutions and
> avoids large scale movement of colonies.

That approach sure resonates with me, Pete!  I have a kneejerk aversion to
high tech solutions in my own operation.

> >Not sure how useful such a message would be to commercial beekeepers.

In order to service agricultural needs, commercial beeks are forced to keep
colonies built up, and often stockpiled at high densities.  This sort of
management will require more inputs, just as in any other form of
agriculture.  That's simply the way it is as scale ramps up.

Randy Oliver