Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 19:44:22 -0600
>> "Everything is already taken care of and we are shipping to Alberta again
>> today.

> Therefore from this Disruption of supply /Bottleneck situation, the
> question that is raised in my mind:  How long can the "Apicultural
> Industry" in Canada withstand pressure that is mounting from the companies
> and individuals that require a stable supply of HB colonies for their
> pollination needs?

Well, the shutdown was very short compared to what we have seen in the past,
and it looks as if contingency plans were at the ready.

I tend to take a pretty dim view of CFIA and CHC and tend to think they are
usually part of the problem and not part of the solution, but this time I am
pleased to be proven wrong.  At the same time, I suspect the usual
behind-the-scenes heroes did some heavy lifting and went without sleep for a
while.

Fortunately, this disruption was just before the main rush.