From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:39:11 -0700
Hi All-- a question for those of you who have been feeding UltraBee patties.
We've been using Mann Lake Bulk patty with very good results, but due to
lack of availability, also fed Ultra patties to a number of yards early
this month.  We noticed a big difference in how they dealt with the Ultra
patties as compared to the Bulk patty formulation.

I do not wish to bias your observations, so am not going to say what we
observed.  The manufacturer did not change the formulation of Ultra, which
I previously found to be utilized very well by the bees.

If you've been feeding either Ultra or Bulk formulation, I'd appreciate
your observations (off list is fine).  Thanks in advance--I may not have
time to respond to all.  What I want to know are your observations on how
eagerly either formulation was consumed (please specify which you fed), and
whether they were completely consumed, or whether the bees tossed portions
out the entrance, and whether you got the expected result of good
broodrearing.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA