From:
Mark Coldiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 19:55:44 -0500
I tried to send a request to George regarding a problem I'm having with
Imirie Shims, but for some reason, his email address isn't working for me.
So, I thought I'd ask the group.  I'm sure someone knows the answer.

I live in West Texas at the base of the panhandle.  Early this Spring, I put
all my supers filled with drawn comb on the my hives.  I also put Imirie
shims between the supers as described in the Pink Pages.  The shims have
been in place for more than two months, but the bees don't use the extra
entrances.  I had an idea that they'd take a while to get used to extra
entrances, but nothing so far.  Any suggestions, insights, words of
inspiration, etc...  The shims sound like a good idea, but no one has told
my bees.

Thanks for your help
Mark in West Texas