Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:22:12 -0600
> Really? is that so.........heres another beekeeper who shares my same view
> of feedlot beekeeping,  or is this just another  "misinformed assumptions
> and wild generalizations" you seem to like to get so indignant over?

OK.  You asked, so I assume I am not being rude to tell you straight from
the shoulder.

Thanks for proving my point.  Fact is not determined by polling opinion or
finding someone to quote or misquote more or less at random.  I am always
impressed by how superficially people read and understand the material they
expect to prove their points and how often it turns out to prove something
else to those who can actually read and understand it.

Popular beliefs are often mistaken, so taking a vote is unlikely to tell
much except what the next stupid, delusionary mass movement will be.

And, in case it is not obvious,  I'm not indignant. I am tired and sad.

There are very few places one can go to discuss things intelligently and
dispassionately with other thoughtful people without being interrupted by
eager and evangelistic people with agendas, poor judgment of fact or
proportion and far too much time on their hands.

I have always hoped BEE-L would be such a place and to some extent it
sometimes is.  There are some pretty smart people here who are good
listeners and logical thinkers.  Nonetheless, many of the best have left and
very few researchers choose to post here anymore (or are permitted to by
their employer) and I am finding that my best discussions lately are in
invitation-only areas or in private exchanges because discussions on public
lists get hijacked by zealots.

This is sad, but the simple fact is that having an opinion or agenda and/or
a good command of rhetoric is a poor substitute for careful research and the
ability to read critically and understand the difference between good
writing and good thinking.